May 14, 2019
Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd. (“K” Line) reports that the “GENESIS RIVER” chartered by“K” Linewas involved in a collision with a tug and barge unit off Houston U.S.A at around 15:00 on May 10 (local time).
It is confirmed that all crew members are safe and no cargo onboard the vessel is damaged, while the damage on the hull is noted.
It is also confirmed that all crew of collided tug and barge are safe, but the barge unit was damaged and a part of cargo (oil product) was leaked into the sea.
The incident is under investigation and “K” Linei s working closely with the appropriate authorities.
1. Vessel name: GENESIS RIVER
2. Vessel type: LPG(82, 200m3)
3. Registration: Panama
4. Built: 2018
5. Crew: Indian 14, Filipino 15, Total 29 crew members
6. Specification: LOA 229.9M, Breadth 37.2M, Gross Tonnage 46,794MT
7. Ship management company: “K” Line Energy Ship Management Co., Ltd.
Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd. press release