CMA CGM continues its development strategy in Oceania by upgrading its PAD Service with a weekly departure
November 27, 2017
The CMA CGM Group, a world leader in container shipping, is pleased to confirm that its PAD service will become weekly, starting January 4th, 2018. This unique service will link Northern Europe, the East Coast of the United States, Central America, the Pacific Islands, Australia and New Zealand.
This weekly service, operated in 91 days, will have the following rotation:
• ZEEBRUGGE, LONDON GATEWAY, ROTTERDAM, DUNKERQUE, LE HAVRE
• NEW YORK, SAVANNAH, MIAMI
• PAPEETE, NOUMEA
• BRISBANE, SYDNEY, MELBOURNE
• NELSON, NAPIER, TAURANGA
The only service on the market to offer such coverage on a weekly basis:
• Provide a direct and weekly offer to Papeete and Noumea from Northern Europe and the East Coast of the United States
• Provide the only fast, direct and dedicated Reefer service from Oceania to Europe
• Strengthen the CMA CGM Groupís offer on the Transatlantic service
13 ships with a nominal capacity between 2,200 and 2,500 TEUs (Twenty-foot Equivalent Unit) will be deployed on this weekly service. Each will have about 600 Reefers on board, necessary to transport refrigerated goods such as fruits, meat or dairy products.
The upgrade to a weekly service starting January 4th, 2018 is subject to validation by the competent authorities.
By making its PAD service a weekly offer, the CMA CGM Group continues its development strategy in Oceania and in the Pacific with the completion of the acquisition of SOFRANA Unilines, through its subsidiary ANL, on October 31st, 2017.
CMA CGM press release